We have an active and welcoming parents' association - the Friends of Bishop Hooper School, currently chaired by Lynsey Jackson, which very successfully organises various fund raising events throughout the year.
The money raised continues to be used towards the enhancement of the children's school experience by providing much needed equipment and enabling them to participate in many trips and learning experiences.
All parents are automatically members of the FoBHS. Regular meetings are held to which all parents are warmly invited.
Recent events organised have been a school summer party, a gin tasting evening, a hugely successful Christmas Fair, Sports Day Teas and Easter bingo.
We have also facilitated the following which all bring in regular income:
- The printing of tea towels with our children's self portraits as decoration
- Christmas cards, (these bring modest profit but lots of pleasure to parents!)
- Clothes recycling to clear out unwanted clothing and shoes - FOBHS receives money per kilogram of clothes
- Easyfundraising - a percentage from online sales from participating companies and stores
- Water bottle sales
- 100 Club
- Participation in the Richards Castle Soap Box Derby which resulted in a £2000 donation to our school
In addition, we are always happy to lend help with non-FOBHS causes such Bake Sales for Macmillan and Fair Trade and have done so this year.
FOR DATES OF FORTHCOMING EVENTS PLEASE SEE CALENDAR PAGE
Registered Charity Number: 1177388